This week Angie and I are joined with Miriam Molloy to chat about the Walt Disney World dining plans.
The Slusher Family vacations are up on Ryan’s YouTube Channel from our recent WDW-DCL vacation.
Reasons for using the dining the plan:
– Pre-pay vacation costs
– Typically a good value if you dine at character meals
– Comes with a resort refillable mug
Tips for using the dining plan:
– Quick service breakfast ‘bounty platter’ and split it with people in the family
– Ask if you can substitute a piece of fruit for a juice
– 1 quick service meal is equal to 3 snacks
– Starbucks locations are available on the dining plan
– Split any meal between people
– Be Our Guest breakfast is an excellent value
– Wolfgang Puck Express is a great value
– Harambe Market and Flame Tree Barbeque are great places to split meals
– Mickey Bars and Dole Whips
– Starbucks drinks for snacks
– Food and Wine Festival or Flower and Garden Festival are great places to use snack credits at the food stands
– Biergarten, Via Napoli, and Teppan Edo in Epcot are good values
– Mama Melrose Fantasmic! dining package at Hollywood Studios is great
– Boma over at the Animal Kingdom Lodge
– Character Meals – 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, Ohana, Tusker House, and Hollywood and Vine
Dining Plan Basics
You can add dining options to a Magic Your Way Package or a Disney Vacation Club member resort stay. There are 3 different options. You must book this for each person in your party ages 3 and older for the length of your stay.
Quick Service Dining Plan
2 Quick-Service Meals; 2 Snacks, and 1 Resort-Refillable Mug
2017 Prices: $48.19 per adult and $20.88 per child
Quick Service Meals include: 1 entrée and 1 single-serving, non-alcoholic beverage.
ice cream novelty, popsicle, popcorn, chips, a piece of whole fruit, bottled soda or water, and other misc items. They will be marked at the location with DDP designating it available for the dining plan.
1 Table-Service Meal; 1 Quick-Service Meals; 2 Snacks, and 1 Resort-Refillable Mug
2017 Prices: $69.35 per adult and $24.95 per child
Table Service Meals include: 1 entrée, 1 dessert (lunch and dinner only), and 1 single-serving, non-alcoholic beverage
1 full buffet (including character meals) or family-style meal
Deluxe Dining Plan
3 Meals; 2 Snacks, and 1 Resort-Refillable Mug
2017 Prices: $106.68 per adult and $38.75 per child
Signature Dining locations will require the use of 2 table-service credits.
Gratuities are not included except at Dinner Shows, Private In-Room Dining and Cinderella’s Royal Table. • An additional form of payment is needed if you add gratuity and have not provided a credit card at check-in to charge incidentals and other expenses to your room. • An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to your bill for parties of six or more. • An automatic gratuity charge may also be added to your bill for certain items you order that are not included in the Disney Dining Plan (e.g., alcoholic beverages).