Walt Disney World Deluxe Resort discussion and the gang is all here. Christy Pudyk, Pat Bennett, and Angie Muma share their top picks in the deluxe and villa category.
Angie on Twitter at @atmuma
Christy Pudyk at : Twitter – @PackYRPixieDust
Instagram – @PackYourPixieDust
Website – PackYourPixieDust.com
Pat Bennett via email at – firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter @jester70123
Don’t forget the Sponsor : Travel Agent Dad
Favorite Walt Disney World Deluxe Resorts mentioned in this episode:
Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort
- The ability to book into a room category with a savannah view is the main highlight of this resort. Sitting on the balcony and seeing animals roaming around the property is a unique experience that is hard to find outside of Africa.
- The lobby is impressive and the theming of the resort is amazing with African culture on display everywhere.
- The dining at this resort is great. You have signature dining with Jiko, a buffet at Boma, a regular table service meal at Sanaa, and the quick service is The Mara.
- Proximity to the Magic Kingdom
- The club level rooms are Christy’s favorite. The club level rooms located near the lobby allow you hear the lobby band while you are still relaxing in your room.
- This resort is quintessential Disney. When you think of Walt Disney World resort in Florida you think about this resort sitting near the Magic Kingdom.
- The monorail running through the resort for easy access to other monorail resorts, the Magic Kingdom, and Epcot.
- You can walk to the Magic Kingdom in less than 5 minutes.
- Tons of great dining. Chef Mickey’s, California Grill, and the Contempo Café are all wonderful options.
- At the Contemporary Resort there I an observation deck on the 4th floor to view the fireworks and they play the music along with the fireworks.
- At Bay Lake Tower (the Disney Vacation Club portion of the resort), there is a lounge called Top of the World to view fireworks if you are staying as a Disney Vacation Club member.
- Theming is amazing with the lodge feel.
- Great food options.
- You can take a boat to the Magic Kingdom or there is quick bus service.
- Amazing pool area!
- Close proximity to Epcot and should be your choice if you plan on visiting that park multiple times on your vacation.
- Relatively small resort size.
- Great dining locations here with ‘Ohana and the Kona Café.
- Amazing theming.
The Plaza Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom is now only accepting walk-up reservations. If you have an Advanced Dining Reservation it will still be honored, but they are not issuing anymore at this time.