Ryan joins me as we share our September 2016 vacation. This trip was part family fun and part work conference for Ryan. In this episode we only get through the first couple of days of our vacation and will share the remaining trip next week.
Don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter. You can use this link:
Members of the newsletter have a chance for a random drawing to win this fun prize pack. It will include a backpack, cup, buttons, Mickey key fob, and a Disney gift card of $25. Drawing will be held January 15, 2017 so sign up ASAP.
Also, the sponsor http://travelagentdad.com/ is offering booking incentives to podcast listeners. Here is the fine print for that offer.
- Afternoon flight around 2:20pm.
- Stayed at Saratoga Springs Room 5103 – First floor near the Paddock Pool which was our room request. This was a one-bedroom with DVC points.
- Went Grocery shopping. Not going to lie. I am going to do grocery delivery in the future. It is such an un-magical start to the vacation to have to run to the grocery store. I was chatting with a couple and they said http://www.dizzydolphindelivery.com/ is great. I have always used http://www.wegoshop.com/ but I am willing to try something new.
- We spent the evening swimming and relaxing by the pool.
- Rope drop at Epcot. They started letting people into the park about 15 minutes to 9 am. We went straight to Frozen Ever After. We had about a 15-minute wait. So not bad.
- We didn’t know what time Club Cool opened but my son wanted to go there so we went and checked. Not open till 10:30 am in case you are wondering.
- Food & Wine Festival Center – bought the gift cards. We bought the $200 one that comes with a commemorative lanyard and full-size gift card. Huge gold medallion. Free keepsake.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – don’t go to a park on a party day. Even though we had a long rest, it was too much for my 10-year-old. The party was sold out on our day and it felt it. We loved the Magic shots they offered and the parade was great. Evan and I left after that. Ryan dressed as Russell from Up and his co-worker Gre dressed as Carl. They were cute together.
- At this point, we decided to just chill a bit more and take things slow. This was our Hollywood Studios day and we moved our FP’s to the evening.
- Went to Disney Springs and had lunch at Frontera Cochina. Our lunch was so-so. I think we had hyped it too much in our head. At this point, the skies opened up and rain was coming down hard. So we opted for dessert, IT was amazing. All of it!
- Pecan Pie Bar – comes with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
- Platano Sundae – Fried plantains with ice cream and toasted pecans and cajeta (Mexican caramel)
- Coconut Lime Cuatro Leches – sponge cake soaked with milk, toasted coconut, blackberries and lime zest
- Chilled at the hotel and then headed over to Hollywood Studios. Watched the Star Wars fireworks.