Ryan joins me as we share our September 2016 vacation. This trip was part family fun and part work conference for Ryan. In this episode, we finish off the last couple of days of vacation.
- We decided to sleep in this day as well and head over to the Magic Kingdom a little later than normal since Ryan needed to meet with TA co-workers at the Contemporary for a dessert party.
- Went to Disney Springs to explore better. Lunch at Blaze Pizza. Loved it. The boys and I all got a pizza each. For the 3 of us we should have only ordered two as these were nice size pizzas. Ryan went to Morimoto Asia Street Food which is the quick service location. He got there right when it opened and did not like his food.
- Wandered around for a bit before we went to the Magic Kingdom for the evening.
- Had dinner over at the Contempo Cafe. Loved it. Pasta dish, burger, and a roast beef type meal. Then me and the boys went over to Top of the World Lounge to watch fireworks. 7-layer cake. HUGE. She described it as a chocolate eclair in cake form. It was good. Three people can easily split this cake it was so big. We met up with Clare (podcast listener) and her family and that was super exciting meeting them.
- Ryan had a fireworks party over at the Contemporary. Here is a blog post that explains that setting by the convention center. http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/contemporary-porte-cochere/
- Then we headed over to DVC Member exclusive event at the Animal Kingdom promoting the Nighttime Safari. We got into the park for free. Many of the rides were open, and there was a dance party going on. They had ice cream treats for free and the carnival games over in Dinoland open.
- Moved from Saratoga Springs Resort to Caribbean Beach Resort. We were in room 1206 in Barbados. Like the room location. Near the pool and the laundry (which is where some vending machines were). Swimming. Lost Joel.
- Ryan had a dessert party over at Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic and me and the boys went over to AKL to meet Pat Bennett and his wife.
- Rope drop at the Magic Kingdom
- 7 Dwarfs Mine train had 15-minute wait. The line did wrap over to the tea cups, but it moved very fast. SO don’t be discouraged if you are doing it at rope drop. Other times of the day, it is a long wait. Lunch at Be Our Guest.
- Back to the resort.
- Dinner over at Trails End.
- Packed up to leave the next morning 🙁
- Travel home was all uneventful. Just me and the boys as Ryan went off for a 3-day cruise. I will have him on in the future to talk about his fun since he did some different things than me.