This week Angie and I share our strategies to save money for vacations. Everything from the old fashion change jar to making the most of credit card rewards.
Please check out my son’s first YouTube video:
Don’t forget to check out the sponsor: http://travelagentdad.com/
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Buying discount Disney gift cards. Target, Sam’s, BJ’s are places to look. Also purchase gift cards as a way to spread out the vacation costs.
- Look at credit cards with rewards. Clark Howard website is http://www.clark.com/ to learn how to save money but he recommends this site – http://www.creditcardtuneup.com/ to find the best card for you.
- Pay yourself first – any way to get the money out of your paycheck automatically is very helpful.
- Purchase Disney Vacation Club as a way to pre-purchase hotel stays.
- Consignment sale Just Between Friends https://jbfsale.com/home.jsp
- Book your vacation at least as many months out as the nights of your vacation. Then pay off each night per month. Example – book a 7-night vacation at least 7 months in advance. Pay off a night per month.