This week we have a listener trip report from a 12-night sailing to Iceland and Norway on Disney Cruise Line. Margo Appenzeller graciously shares her family’s vacation. With stops in Reykjavik and Akureyri in Iceland – this is a unique family experience.
Margo traveled with extended family. Her family booked a deluxe family inside stateroom. Since there is extended daylight hours this time of year, they thought it would be nice to have the enclosed room to help with sleep by no sunlight sneaking in. Her other family members did have a verandah room.
- Departs from Dover, England
- Newcastle, England
- Shore excursion “You can be a Roman Soldier” where you go and visit Hadrian’s Wall.
- Kirkwall, Scotland
- Shore excursion was a farm tour In the Orkney Islands. They loved this day of the cruise.
- 2 days in Reykjavik, Iceland (ship overnighted here)
- Shore excursions. “The Lava Family Workshop” and “Highlight’s” for her family. Her extended family did a “Let’s Go Volcano” tour that is for people over 12 years of age.
- Akureyri, Iceland
- Shore excursion “Jewels of the North” included a trip to the waterfall of the gods
- Bergen, Norway
- Shore excursion – walking tour.
- Stavanger, Norway
- Shore excursion “By Land and By Sea”
- Disembark in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Canal Tour