Last summer Hollywood Studios celebrated Frozen Summer Fun. Since it was so popular last year they are bringing it back in celebration of the Coolest Summer Ever. This episode also includes a trip report of our 2014 experience with the Premium Package.
Follow us on our upcoming vacation on Periscope. Ryan will be posting live videos and his Periscope name is RyanSKTTWTravel.
Blog of with pictures at TraveAgentDad.com
Last summer Hollywood Studios celebrated Frozen Summer Fun. Since it was so popular last year they are bringing it back in celebration of the Coolest Summer Ever. This years dates are June 17, 2015 to September 7, 2015. Here is what we can look forward to in 2015.
Information from Disney Parks Blog:
This summer-long special event features a full day of “Frozen” fun from park open to park close, including a royal procession, a sing-along celebration, fun photo opportunities, “Frozen” merchandise, specialty food and beverage offerings and a grand finale fireworks spectacular.
- Frozen Royal Welcome – Twice each day, Anna, Elsa and Kristoff take part in a festive cavalcade throughout Hollywoodland, accompanied by the Royal Arendelle Flag Corps and a flurry of skaters, skiiers and ice cutters – along with lovable snowman, Olaf. Anna leads the procession in a beautiful horse-drawn sleigh, with Elsa gliding by on a stunning, ice palace float. The entire procession pauses twice along the route in tribute to these visitors from Arendelle, as everyone in Hollywoodland is invited to join in singing “Let It Go!”
- For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Just in time for this year’s “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE event, this popular show moves into the beautiful Hyperion Theater (formerly Superstar Television Theater), located right in the heart of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The Royal Historians of Arendelle host a fun and comedic retelling of the unique story of their kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen,” plus all-new in-theater effects and special appearances by Anna, Elsa and Kristoff.
- Olaf’s Summer Cool Down – Several times each day, the Ambassador of Hollywoodland brings Olaf and some of his friends to the Event Stage to have a little fun with everyone “In Summer.” And as temperatures heat up, Olaf happily shares a burst from his personal snow cloud to cool things off.
- “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Once the sun goes down, a dance party takes over the area around the Event Stage, with DJ Chill and some of your favorite Disney characters. Using a special event hashtag, you can share song requests and photos over social media, to be featured onscreen during the party.
- “Frozen” Fireworks – As the night comes to a close, Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf come together at the Event Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen” and, of course, a flurry of snow!
Disney is also offering premium packages for your Hollywood Studios day. The premium package includes:
- Frozen Royal Welcome viewing with drinks and snacks
- Reserved seating for For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Frozen Fireworks viewing with dessert party, including alcoholic beverages for the adults.
Prices always go up and this is no exception. The cost is $69 for adults (up from $59 last year), $39 for children age 3 to 9 (up from $34 last year) (tax and gratuity are included). Reservations can be made online or by calling 407-939-3463. You will need separate park admission.
If you are thinking of purchasing the premium package, i want to share our experience for the day so you can decide for yourself if it is worth it to spend the extra money. This information plus pictures are over at Travel Agent Dad Blog.